Forrit is committed to providing a website that can be accessed by the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We work on an ongoing basis to increase the accessibility and usability of this website.
This website endeavours to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at a minimum “Double-A” (AA) rating. These guidelines, drawn up by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. We seek to ensure that this website is accessible to people who use assistive technology such as screen readers and speech-input software and those unable to use a mouse or a pointing device.
We endeavour to include the following accessibility features on this website;
- Colour contrasts that assist with accessibility
- Page layouts that are resized according to the width of the browser window
- Headings that are coded so they can be read by screen readers
- Links that have meaningful text that explain what the users can expect when they click on them, avoiding the usage of ‘click here’
- Tables laid out in tabular form, with headings and summaries that make them more accessible
- Form fields that have labels and follow a logical tab sequence to ensure easier navigation
- Cascading style sheets (CSS) to determine the presentation of our website – this assists those using screen-reading devices
- Where possible, images accompanied by appropriate alternative text that can be read by screen readers
This website has been built using code that is compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. Because of this, it displays correctly on current browser versions and will also do so on future versions.
We support the following browsers;
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Chrome Mobile
- Mobile Safari
Browser updates are available free of charge from the various browser providers. We recommend that users upgrade their browser versions whenever possible, as new versions are faster, have the latest security features and provide an improved browsing experience.
We will update our list of supported browsers on this page from time to time as the software supported by our website changes.
To ensure that our website continues to offer a high level of accessibility, we perform regular accessibility checks using a range of testing tools. While Forrit strives to be compliant with accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility, rapid changes in technology mean is it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Notwithstanding this, we constantly strive to find solutions that address accessibility issues.